Tuesday 7 May 2013

6.15 understand that a voltage is induced in a conductor or a coil when it moves through a magnetic field or when a magnetic field changes through it and describe the factors which affect the size of the induced voltage

If you move a wire back and forth across a magnetic field a voltage will be induced.

If you move a magnet back and forth through a coil of wire a voltage will be induced.

If you increase the magnetic field strength, quicken the movement or increase the coils of wire you can increase the voltage induced!

3 comments:

  1. why the 'exclamation mark' after induced?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cause voltage is exciting? I'm joking, I have no idea, this was two years ago now god knows why I put that there hahaha

      Delete
    2. Cause why not haha... I like your blogs hannah.. They really help me alot

      Delete